Sunday, June 9, 2013

Its Time to Go

It feels like it's been mere moments since I came home from Costa Rica... and now I'm moving away again to another world entirely. Taking five finals, completing two projects, packing my entire room, and moving to another country made for a horrendous last week in the States. It wasn't until all the chaos was over that I realized how excited I am for this next adventure. This is what I've always wanted. It's what I've always dreamed of since I was 3: living in Africa and studying monkeys (chacma baboons, to be precise). Perfect. It doesn't get better than this. I'm leaving my life here behind, once again, to venture into a new realm of possibilities. I'm trying to go without any expectations, yet I can't help but hope that this experience will change my life and who I am. This is going to be unlike anything I've ever faced. Cape Town, South Africa here I come!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Good luck Grace. I selfishly hope you'll regale us with pictures of your adventures. :)

    -Katy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous! You're going to have an amazing summer! Take lots of pictures please :) since I won't be running around with you and the baboons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited for you my dear! I am going to keep up on all your adventures!

    ReplyDelete