Wednesday, July 3, 2013

The Splendid Cape

Panoramic view down the Cape Peninsula from Table Mountain

Every moment I spend in this city I fall more and more in love. I continually find myself speechless with the splendor and magnificence of the landscape. Whether I am on the mountain where I work overlooking the valley and ocean below or driving along the striking coastline, this place has entirely captured my heart. Probably the most exhilarating day I spent in Cape Town occurred last week with a very kind local friend who so graciously took me around to all the fantastic attractions of Africa’s Southern city. We took the cable car up Table Mountain, one of the New 7 Wonders of Nature. We drove along the vibrant coasts of both the Indian and Atlantic Oceans. We walked the sugar-sand beaches in Fish Hoek. We drove along the Cape Peninsula where the mountains meet the sea with a thousand colors. We went to Boulder’s Beach where we saw wild African penguins and one curious penguin stepped on my toe. This may just be the most beautiful city on Earth. It is difficult to paint a picture with words of the beauty of this place, so I will use photos instead. By the end of that wonderful day, I decided that I never want to leave. Thank you, Matt, for showing me your stunning city.

The city

The Table Mountain Cable Car-- it goes straight to the top

Cape Town



The side of Table Mountain

The Cape Peninsula 

Proteas and Table Mountain

The coast

Fish Hoek

The bold little penguin who stepped on my toe


Boulders Beach

African Penguins



No comments:

Post a Comment